The Technology Intelligence & Perfomance department of Grant Thornton supports businesses identify and exploit opportunities in the ever-changing digital environment, which requires readiness and adaptability.
Technology has become a key driver for success in all industries, creating new opportunities, having a significant impact on the way companies operate and thus improving business outcomes.
Our objective is to help clients adapt in a changing world by redefining the way they are doing business. To that end, we have brought together a team of experts, with extensive experience in a multitude of technology fields. Our services are divided into two main pillars: Strategy & Consulting and Technology.
Strategy & Consulting Services
Digital Strategy & Performance
The key is to open your mind to the full range of technology choices, pick the smartest fit and achieve performance excellence. The most successful journeys start with knowing where you are and where you want to go, and then deciding how you want to get there. Our services include:
Digital Strategy & Transformation
Clients, channels and competition are all going digital. This calls for significantly comparing where you're today and wherein you need to go so as to sustain competitive advantage in a digital world. This could be complicated and daunting to a few businesses due to the fact they need to prioritize and settle on sound options on many fronts. Done right, a robust digital strategy — with a plan to transform the company to deliver on it — creates huge blessings. We work with business pioneers to create strategies and action plans that identify and react to digital opportunities and threats. We can help you:
- Assess your business in terms of digital readiness and maturity
- See how digital serves, and adds value for, the most important clients for your brand
- Create and refine your company’s digital vision and strategy dependent on your clients' needs and your abilities
- Recognize digital capabilities and channels that add options for your key clients
- Decide ways that digital innovation can upgrade efficiency and define the KPIs your organization will use to quantify the success of your initiatives
- Set up all the pieces for a consistent digital strategy, and create a transformation roadmap
In this experience economy, providing consistent customer experience across all channels is the new currency. Customers want you to be always available: Any time, Any place, Any device. We can help you answer the following questions:
- How do our customers shop and interact between channels?
- What channels are driving the most value for us today and how will this change tomorrow?
- Do we have clearly defined roles for each channel on its own, and relative to the other channels?
- How should channels be integrated across the life cycle?
- How can a multichannel approach be utilized as a strategic advantage when competing with digital pure plays?
- What strategic steps must be taken to drive growth through each channel given its role within the organization and with the customer?
In becoming a customer-centric business, personas and journey maps are important strategic tools that help provide an in-depth understanding of your customers: who they are, what they need, and how they interact with your company across all touch points. Persona-based customer journey mapping helps organizations understand core customer segments and the moments that matter in their journey so they can add value to these groups. To that end, our services include:
- Customer personas identification
- Customer Journey mapping
- Collection and insights interpretation
- Customer Journey analysis
Delivering an exceptional customer experience consistently is hard. The first step in your journey to improve CX is to measure customer experience. Customer experience measurement is a challenging issue. Most experiences have multiple touchpoints, possibly in various channels, maybe with divergent objectives. Our offerings include:
- Net promoter score calculation.
- Customer journey analytics.
- Customer surveys.
- Customer churn rate determination.
- Customer support ticket trends interpretation.
- Customer satisfaction scores measurement.
Business Intelligence & Performance
Redefine your business processes landscape and drive new ways of working and reinvent productivity. Improve your data collection, analysis, and distribution and gain insights to make informed decisions. Integrate business process, industry expertise, human ingenuity, and intelligent technologies to drive performance. Our services include:
Intelligent Process Automation (IPA)
Intelligent Automation as a game changer.
Redefine your business processes landscape and drive new ways of working and reinvent productivity. Intelligent Automation can be used across a multitude of B2B and B2C scenarios, using Artificial Intelligence, Smart Automation and RPA.
- Review of current processes and highly repeatable activities.
- Identification of optimization opportunities.
- End-to-End Automation leveraging BPM, DMS & RPA technologies.
Big-Data Analytics & Insights
Your data is your currency. Improve your data collection, analysis, and distribution and gain insights to make informed decisions. We can help you deliver the tailored service customers expect across channels with AI-enabled experiences and insights to proactively resolve problems and ensure peace of mind.
- Data Management
- Data Democratization
- Data analysis & insights
- Reporting & BI
- Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics
Innovation of Business Operations. Integrate business process, industry expertise, human ingenuity, and intelligent technologies to drive performance. Intelligent operations equip employees with intelligent, highly contextual data so that they can perform their tasks more efficiently. We can help you reduce the repetitive work done by humans thereby allowing people to concentrate on more complex and creative tasks.
- Operational Efficiency Management
- Cultural Transformation
- New Revenue Generation
- Cost Optimization
Get closer to your Customers, benefit from what business intelligence can do to assist you in every step of this journey and create proactive, personalized and memorable eXperiences. Our services include:
360-degree Customer View
Today’s customers interact with businesses through a wide variety of communication channels and touchpoints, expecting a more personal experience regardless of the channel. By aggregating, integrating, and analyzing customer data from multiple sources, businesses can achieve consistent, holistic insights into customer preferences and needs. With a 360-degree customer view, businesses can drive customer intelligence, reduce marketing campaigns costs, enable predictive analytics and prescribe customer alignment, defining business processes by customer type or segment. We can assist you in all phases of building and applying a centralized customer 360-degree.
Companies are now required to have a strong digital presence. The single most important reason is: this is where their customers are in the21st century. There are more than 4 billion people around the globe using the Internet, which is over half of the world’s population. Although marketing is still necessary, the traditional ways of doing it are nearing obsolete. Consumers are no longer paying much attention to traditional marketing methods such as commercials, billboards and corporate communication channels. Furthermore, the consumer’s decision process has changed from a linear process to a more circular/iterative one. In this context, we can support you with the following:
- Digital & mobile presence assessment & optimization
- E-commerce strategy development
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Digital product/service experience
- Mobile optimization
- Social media presence assessment & optimization
- Online media reputation management
- Content management system selection support
Customer Engagement Strategy
Customers have high expectations today, and they engage only with companies they trust. With the pace of business and innovation continuing to grow with every new development in technology, businesses are challenged more than ever before. As part of this continual evolution, today’s consumers have much more control over their interactions with brands. They can easily access information about different products and services and have real power in the relationship. This radically changes the rules of engagement. We can help you build your Customer Engagement Strategy, so as to:
- Set customer engagement goals tied to business outcomes
- Deliver consistent customer experiences across all channels
- Apply insights to improve customer engagement and business outcomes
- Understand and interact with your customers in the way they expect
Drawing new customers is more expensive than keeping existing ones. For that reason, customer loyalty is an important issue for the success of any organization. The use of loyalty programs as a powerful tool of relationship marketing is becoming popular to encourage customer loyalty. We can assist you in designing a successful loyalty program, in the consideration of the following rules:
- Acquire customers that are likely to repurchase.
- Recognize which customers are unlikely to repurchase and limit the marketing spend for this segment accordingly.
- Focus the marketing budget on those who exhibit the same profile as existing repurchases but have yet to buy a second time.
Your people are your most valuable asset. All businesses have to create exceptional employee experiences that drive employee engagement, retention and productivity. Employees of all generations and cultures have increasingly come to expect a workplace that mirrors their personal lives, one that is transparent, connected, personalized and offers choices. Understanding this future workplace experience will be a core competency of both business and human resource leaders. We can help you adopt a holistic approach and deliver a connected and engaging Workplace eXperience, by:
- Defining a strategic approach to the Employee Experience (EX)
- Creating a connected workspace
- Adopting Connected Office technologies
- Leveraging Intelligent Operations
- Boosting Employee Engagement through technology
Embrace the new era of industry, plan your next moves and go beyond. Each digital journey is different and needs its roadmap with clear objectives, budget, steps, expectations and outcomes. Our services include:
Writing the future of intelligent, secure and sustainable cities. There is a constant demand for smarter, effective, efficient and more sustainable cities, promoting the collective intelligence of cities. This means improving the ability to forecast and manage urban flows, and integrating the dimensions of the physical, digital and institutional spaces of a region. Our services encompass all areas of Smart City applications: Smart Energy, Smart Buildings, Smart Water, Smart Public Services, Smart Lighting, Smart Mobility and Smart Waste Management.
Make the future of connected health a reality. Smart hospitals deal with the increasing complexity of managing today’s healthcare environments. For us, the Digital Hospital consists of 4 pillars: Digital Patient, Operations, Digital Services and Smart Hospital. Its objective is to deliver quality patient care while improving clinical outcomes and operational efficiency. We can assist healthcare organizations in:
- Digitalizing processes to optimize workflows
- Using smart technology to better manage a its resources
- Improving time and space management with smart solutions
The right product at the right time at the right place and in the right condition. Smart Logistics is about connecting vehicles, products and load units, hence improving route and load optimization and minimizing the amount of waste across the value chain. Our assistance lies in the following areas:
- Fleet management & routes optimization
- Digital warehouses
- Operational agility
Businesses now are exposed to new threats, new attackers, new regulations and new risks. We can help you assess your current security posture and develop an aligned security strategy. Our security offering includes:
IT Risk Assessment
IT audit services deliver a digestible and detailed view of cybersecurity strengths and deficiencies. We examine and evaluate your organization’s information technology infrastructure, policies and operations.
We help you improve your security posture, by conducting cybersecurity vulnerability and controls assessments. The sharpest tool in our vulnerability assessment toolbox is the penetration test.
Data Protection & Privacy
Protecting sensitive data continues to be a paramount challenge for businesses - we enable you to align your business in compliance with the data governance policies and regulations.
Identity & Access Management
Effective identity and access management (IAM) is becoming a key element in mitigating business risks and safeguarding the continuity of companies. We help you ensure users have the access they need, and that systems, data, and applications are inaccessible to unauthorized users.
Bridging the gap between Physical and Digital.
Internet of things entails intelligently connecting devices and systems to leverage data gathered by collected sensors and actuators in machines and other physical objects. The Internet of Things creates four types of offered functionalities: autonomy, optimization, control and monitoring.
By accumulating IoT data, analyzing it and integrating it with operational information, businesses can better optimize production, address customization requirements, generate customer insights and run more intelligently. Our IoT services include:
- IoT Strategy
- Full-cycle IoT development
- IoT Analytics
- IoT Application Management
Program, Project & Service Management
We can help you effectively manage IT projects, no matter how complex they may be, and propose improvements where necessary. Our approach includes identification of the project objectives, establishment of a timetable with clear and distinct roles for everyone involved, close monitoring of the project progress in relation to predetermined targets, confirmation of compliance with the budget and, finally, the top quality of the final result.
Our assessment of your maturity levels is centered on identifying the digital gaps across technology, processes, and people. The assessment helps our clients to rapidly and clearly evaluate their current state of digital capabilities and benchmark against their competitors; enabling them to develop and implement a digital strategy, introduce new capabilities and assess the growing market relevance through the transformation journey.
Change is a challenge in any industry. We can assist your business in eliminating resistance to new system or technology adoption, in embracing business change and in accelerating user adoption, by preparing users before go-live, enhancing initial user adoption at go-live and maximizing long-term use after go-live. In this context, we will:
- Ensure readiness for change
- Develop and manage project communication
- Foster team engagement and collaboration
- Build organizational trust and accountability
- Manage stakeholder engagement plans
Our objective is to help you mitigate the risk that comes with any migration effort and limit the business impact. We will:
- Assess & Analyze: We will deliver a Migration Assessment Report containing our analysis of your infrastructure.
- Identify: We will identify applications, databases, storage, physical and virtual servers that fit for migration and then we will identify the best-fit destination platform.
- Plan: We will finalize your migration strategy and destination environment, prioritize move groups and develop a comprehensive Migration Project Plan.
- Migrate: We will execute your migration based on the plan. We will work with you to perform post-migration validation of applications, data and network accessibility. Finally, we perform cutover and go live.
Business Continuity Plan
Business Continuity Management provides a framework for building organizational resilience, responding effectively to safeguard the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value-creating activities. We start with a proper Business Analysis to identify the main processes and further specific demands and the organizational capacity to deal with potential threats. At the same time we perform a Risk Analysis, identifying the probability and the possible impact of those threats. In the second phase we will proceed to the main conduct of our work. The third and final phase is the actual implementation in the organisation, training, testing, auditing and handing the BCP over to the standing organisation.
The cloud provides opportunities to accelerate business processes and innovation that were not even imaginable some years ago. We can provide support to our clients in order to reap the benefits of cloud storage. We offer a wide range of services across their cloud journey:
- Cloud assessment & strategy development
- Vendor selection –– Cloud adoption
- Cloud Migration prioritization & support
We follow latest IT trends and use cutting-edge technologies to provide innovative IT solutions that help our clients increase business process efficiency, improve customer satisfaction and gain a competitive advantage with excellent cost-performance ratios. Our IT Outsourcing services:
- Premium quality end user support
- IT Architecture management
- Application & Database development
Why Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton Greece and the Technology Intelligence & Performance department help businesses adapt in a changing world and redefine the way they operate. Our primary mission is to help our clients address business problems, by identifying and implementing solutions, off-the-shelf and custom, that specifically fit their business needs. At the same time, we are dedicated to our clients’ needs, the challenges they face, their expansion ambitions and the broader business context in which they operate.