Vassilis Kazas is the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Greece and brings multiple years of professional experience as a Certified Public Accountant. He is one of the founding members of Grant Thornton Greece and has been a member of the Board of Governors of Grant Thornton International Ltd. for several years.
During his extensive experience as a Certified Public Accountant and Management Consultant, Vassilis Kazas has conducted audits in all the major business segments, such as Banking & Credit institutions, Industries, Telecommunications, Energy, etc. He has also been the leader of major, successfully completed and delivered projects in the Public Sector. His experience in rendering consulting services mainly started with reviews of internal control systems, corporate valuations and preparation of analytical studies. He was the head of the working group that in the period 2012-2019 had undertaken the role of Monitoring Trustee on behalf of the ECB/IMF/DGcon at the National Bank and the Eurobank. He is the head of the Grant Thornton team, appointed as a consultant to the Ministry of Finance to assess and monitor the fair cost of the projects and programs of the Recovery and Resilience Fund as well as design and monitor RRF loans.
- Board of Governors of Grant Thornton International Ltd. from 2013 to 2020
- Supervisory Council of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Greece (2007 - present)
- Chairman of Joint Venture Board of Grant Thornton network for European Union
He is director of the quarterly journal "Accountancy Greece", since 2011.
- Certified Public Accountant
- GTIL Senior Leadership Program, Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Master of Philosophy, University of Bradford